Friday, October 8, 2010

FFwD: Gérard’s Mustard Tart

This is our second recipe from French Fridays with Dorie.  I have to say this recipe is probably not one I would have picked.  Our cooking "assignments" help us to be open and try something new.  I think mustard in the name - makes you think that it will be real sour and have a "wang" to it.  My mom lived in France and said it sounded wonderful to her!  I wish she lived closer so I could give her a slice!

I made the crust the night before and refrigerated.  Steaming the carrots and leeks with the rosemary - just filled the house with a wonderful aroma!   I used Grey Poupon dejon mustard and a course ground Grey Poupon version blended with the egg and cream.   The flavor was very mild - not what I expected. My husband and I were both surprised and pleased with the finished product.  Another hit!

Next Week: Vietnamese Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup

4 comments:

  1. Your tart looks beautiful! I loved the aroma from the rosemary as the vegetables steamed too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CandyGirl! The rosemary was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the aroma of this was nearly as good as sitting down to it with a glass of wine. Beautiful tart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Candy Girl - it came out looking so pretty! I'm glad I found your site. I like it when I can see photos of real cooking (food that hasn't been jazzed up in a studio). Thanks! :)
    dancingspatulawand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete